Port monitoring on Mac doesn't seem to work

ofir

• 3 weeks later...

So, you have web server running on 443 and you setup port monitor and web monitoring to monitor port 443. Web monitoring working and port monitor not.

It's that correct?

Mark

Any news on that? 

• Staff

Any news on that? 

Hi,

I replicate same env with apache running on 443 and port monitor and web monitor set up and I have no issues.

Can you, please, try this:

1. close PCMonitor ('Hide' option from context menu)

2. open Terminal and type: sudo launchctl remove com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper

3. open Console and clear it

4. open PCMonitor agent. 

6. copy and send Console output (check as well if any PCMonitor .crash file under Diagnosis and Usage Information) to support@pulseway.com.

Thanks!

Mark

• Staff

Hi,

According to your log looks like you have some local issues:

servermgrd[70165]: Got error -9805 for SSLHandshake  remote address is 127.0.0.1:44765
Server[39262]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9812)
servermgrd[70165]: Exception in SessionController threadListen: Socket: Connect failed
com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper[8566]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9812)
PCMonitorHelper[8566]: --> port:443 on hostname:localhost is closed

pcmonitor throw same kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL error like servermgrd(ServerAdmin) and Server processes. Port monitor corectly response back with "close" port status.

Can you, please send us screenshots (from mobile device) with port monitor and web site monitor ?

Regards,
Mark

Hi,

According to your log looks like you have some local issues:

servermgrd[70165]: Got error -9805 for SSLHandshake  remote address is 127.0.0.1:44765
Server[39262]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9812)
servermgrd[70165]: Exception in SessionController threadListen: Socket: Connect failed
com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper[8566]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9812)
PCMonitorHelper[8566]: --> port:443 on hostname:localhost is closed

pcmonitor throw same kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL error like servermgrd(ServerAdmin) and Server processes. Port monitor corectly response back with "close" port status.

Can you, please send us screenshots (from mobile device) with port monitor and web site monitor ?

Regards,
Mark

No local issues, the server works fine. It uses a self generated SSL certificate, but the same test on a 'proper' SSL certificate also fails.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xo54ev2qio1azx0/IMG_4312.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uc7g7c5sz3wajqg/IMG_4311.PNG

You also see that the 2nd web test fails in a different way. By the way, the reason it's localhost in one and odmaster.iefiles.co.uk in the other is because I tried both options. The results were the same.

• Staff

That's strange.

Just to rule out any local issues:

- Kill the web server on 443

- Make it listen on port 80

- Start the web server again

- Check the logs and make sure there are no issues

- Do a telnet localhost 80 to be sure that the port is open

- Change pcmonitor to monitor port 80

- Check if port is correctly displayed as open.

- Change pcmonitor to monitor website on localhost port 80

- Check if webpage response is 200

- If everything ok change the web server to port 443 and repeat these steps.

Regards,

Mark

That's strange.

Just to rule out any local issues:

- Kill the web server on 443

- Make it listen on port 80

- Start the web server again

- Check the logs and make sure there are no issues

- Do a telnet localhost 80 to be sure that the port is open

- Change pcmonitor to monitor port 80

- Check if port is correctly displayed as open.

- Change pcmonitor to monitor website on localhost port 80

- Check if webpage response is 200

- If everything ok change the web server to port 443 and repeat these steps.

Regards,

Mark

I've done all that - on 3 Macs - still doesn't work and now my demo has run out. The web servers I tried all work perfectly and respond to other monitoring software. This looks like a bug. I also haven't had any response regarding the Mac update. As it stands the Mac version is seriously lacking in features and in my case, doesn't really work.

Not sure how to proceed now, I was pretty excited a month  ago…

• Administrators

Could you please upgrade to version 4.3 released on the 22nd of April? 

Please uninstall the current agent, download the latest Mac agent and test again. Let us know if it works.

Thank you.

You can still use it for up to 5 systems.

Please email us with your account username and we will be happy to extend the trial.

Thanks for extending trial. I'm afraid I'm getting the same results. Port scan says port is down, but web scan says web site is up.