Req: Transfer (or at least open/view files)

AltF4

Hey there.

First off, I must say that your app is great.

I really enjoy the WOL feature (its like LogMeIn's but better), and the remote power actions + more (lock, hibernate, sleep, log off, etc).

Another feature I would find to be very helpful would be the ability to download (or view) remote files when browsing the HDDs.

I know I could use LogMeIn Ignition on the iPhone to drop files from my PC into my Dropbox, but it would be great to have the functionality built into this application... or at least be able to perform remote file operations - such as copying/cutting a file from folder c:\box into a different folder (like c:\dropbox)

Just a suggestion to maybe to on the to-do list if you like :D

Let me know what you think.

• Administrators

We are definitely going to support file operations within the same computer initially and between different computers later on (as well as the ability to copy the file to the mobile device). Thanks for the suggestion.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to be clear, this app doesn't allow you to really do anything but view the system it's connected to, view logs, processes (and "kill process"), and "monitor" a few things? As well as turn off or "sleep" the computer? Is there anything that can be done through the app other that those few things? Like open a program and work within it?

Also, it said there's a 30 day trial? Is that for the free version that I downloaded to iPhone? And, after that....what? It won't work anymore? Must it be purchased?

What else does the app do from the phone?

Thanks for your input & help.

Erik

• Administrators

The trial subscription is for testing the server modules (and screen view). After that, only these features won't be available - you will still be able to use all other features of the app and monitor up to 3 computers at no cost.

You can open a program in the context of a user by creating a scheduled task (with no trigger) and start that task from your mobile.

• 4 years later...
On 10/20/2011 at 4:05 AM, Marius said:

We are definitely going to support file operations within the same computer initially and between different computers later on (as well as the ability to copy the file to the mobile device). Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey there, still no file transfer available, previewing files is cool but not enough, are you guys actually working on the feature by now (5 years later)?

• Staff

Hi,

We are working on introducing this feature as part of the Remote Desktop module. Would you like to transfer files between your mobile device (or webapp) or between monitored systems?

PS: You do know that you can send files from a system to your Inbox, right?

Chris

• 1 year later...
On 13/02/2016 at 1:57 PM, Chris said:

Hi,

We are working on introducing this feature as part of the Remote Desktop module. Would you like to transfer files between your mobile device (or webapp) or between monitored systems?

PS: You do know that you can send files from a system to your Inbox, right?

Chris

Imagine i'm on vacation, i need to get files from my desktop and i only have acess there by phone, well if i need to send it from far away i will certainly use your app to do so (if it was possible). I haven't tried to run a file through the command prompt, but if that is the only way to reach the content of a file, i would say you're app has a huge flaw, and i would suggest for you to work on it, of course you'd need to think about all the security behind it, but you would get a huge advantage in the process!

Congrats by your work until now.

This is definitely an important feature that we could do with being introduced as soon as possible, I needed to make some changes to the registry on a remote computer recently and luckily I have Comodo One installed as well as Pulseway so was able to use that to transfer the necessary .reg files to the remote computer and then use a command prompt to import them into the registry.

• Staff

This year we are planning to support P2P connections, which will greatly increase the performance of the RD tool and file transfer via the Pulseway RD.  We are planning to release this feature at the end of Q2/start of Q3. But meanwhile you can transfer files via email or view files if this option is configured in the Pulseway Manager -> System -> File Browser.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 2:37 AM, Chris said:

This year we are planning to support P2P connections, which will greatly increase the performance of the RD tool and file transfer via the Pulseway RD.  We are planning to release this feature at the end of Q2/start of Q3. But meanwhile you can transfer files via email or view files if this option is configured in the Pulseway Manager -> System -> File Browser.

Hi Chris,

Is the file transfer feature within RD still on track for end of Q2? We are new to Pulseway and this is definitely one of a few main features we miss about Teamviewer. What other features are slated for RD by the way?

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

So yeah, that obviously didn't happen, since Pulseway still does not appear to support remote file transfers, thought it has been requested for quite some time now.   The link to the Roadmap you posted doesn't work...

This is a huge missing feature and hampers our work.  It's starting to become clear that Pulseway is a scattered mess of applications cobbled together, and requires you to enter different programs for different purposes.  So much for automating/simplifying I guess.

Are you guys still working on this feature or is it now on the backburner?  

• Staff

Hi Daryl,

You can view the files from your mobile device if you have enabled this option from the Pulseway Manager -> System -> File Browser. 

But if you are talking about the File transfer via the Pulseway RD, then we are still working on this. The release for this currently is planned for Q3 2018.

• 1 month later...

This thread is almost six and a half years old. Are you guys technically unable to implement file transfer or do you just not understand why people would want it so it's not a priority? Suggestions like viewing files remotely or sending an email to myself on someone else's remote machine are not serious answers to the problem of file transfer.

It seems insane that the easiest way for me to transfer files to/from a Pulseway-managed machine is by using TeamViewer. I just don't get it.

• Administrators

File transfer within Pulseway RD is a confirmed feature and will be introduced at the same time when we will support P2P connections which will greatly increase the performance of your RD sessions.

-Paul

• 1 year later...

Let me guess, now planned for Q3 2019?

Funny thing is I'm I found this thread because I was trying to collect a file to send to support to troubleshoot another Pulseway issue, and turns out I have to fire up my other support tool to do it.