Error attempting to start remote desktop session

SimonW

Hello,

When I attempt to start a remote desktop session (from Desktop Client) I receive an error dialog with the message "An error occured while trying to start the remote desktop session" (spelling as per dialog).  This is after I select the user session from the list and occurs whether there is a user logged into the computer or not.

The target computer is Windows 10, running agent version 4.8 and it has been rebooted since installing the agent.  I'm currently trialing Pulseway through the SaaS offering.

Appreciate any assistance you can offer

Both machines are Intel i7.

The WIndows 7 machine (where I first encountered the error) uses an authenticated proxy to connect out.  The Windows 10 machine has direct Internet access.

I can connect successfully from Win 10 -> Win 7, but not from Win 7 -> Win 10.

The proxy was set to basic authentication. 

The Win 7 machine (behind the proxy) has the Pulseway Agent installed and everything runs correctly, so would this indicate to you that it can correctly communicate through the proxy?

The Win 10 machine (direct connect to Internet) can RDS to the Windows 7 machine.  It's just the Win 7 machine that cannot initiate a connection out.

The error I receive is quite vague.  Is there a log file somewhere?

I appreciate your help.

Edited by SimonW

• Staff

Hello,

Can you check if you entered the correct proxy settings in the Pulseway Remote Desktop Client Application.

You can find those options under Settings->Proxy Settings menu. Make sure you have entered the correct username and password for the proxy.